Effective Date: OCTOBER 6, 2016
1. What Information we Collect
- We collect your Personal Information as follows:
- We collect your first and last name, company name (if applicable), email address, telephone number, and other information you choose to provide, which we associate with your Personal Information, when you submit your information in order to access the Service (“Account”).
- We record video and audio calls you make through the Service for training and customer service purposes and, as a result, collect your image, voice and the content of any communication you make through these mediums.
- We collect transaction information you provide when you make purchases through the service, which includes credit card information and the first and last name, company name (if applicable) and address of the cardholder (“Transaction Information”).
- We collect any Personal Information you provide when you contact us with questions, provide us with feedback, participate in surveys, voluntarily post in our blogs or participate in our community forum.
- We collect your first and last name, email address, and other information you choose to provide when you fill out the application to become a techie on the Service.
- We collect your first and last name and email address when you sign-up for the AskaTechie mailing list or newsletter or contact AskaTechie with questions.
We collect your Anonymous Information as follows:
- We collect all Anonymous Information concerning how you use the Service, such as metrics and other types of statistical data. For example, we collect anonymous statistics concerning demographic information, user behavior, geographical location and technology used to access the Service.
- We collect Service diagnostic information including logs, error reports and events and the type, number, date and page relating to this information.
2. How we use your Information
We use Personal and Anonymous Information internally to provide the Service to you, understand your needs and provide you with better service, in particular:
- To provide the Service to you, such as hosting and displaying information, providing Service updates, improving or expanding the Service and addressing technical issues.
- To process and verify any payment you have permitted us to charge to the credit card associated with your Account.
- To contact you in connection with your activities on the Service, such as informing you of new features, conducting surveys or delivering Service related announcements such as outages, suspensions or changes to the Service. This contact typically will occur through an in-Service pop-up message or email or both.
- To establish and maintain your Account and to protect the security of your Account.
- To provide customer support or to resolve customer issues.
- To analyze demographics information about our users so we can better understand them.
- To respond to inquiries from law enforcement and orders from courts of competent jurisdiction or to defend our rights or the rights of others.
3. Third Parties we Disclose Information to
We disclose Personal and Anonymous Information to third parties, who may be located in a foreign jurisdiction and subject to foreign laws, as follows:
- If you access an Account through a third party single sign-on, you will also disclose certain Personal and Anonymous Information to that third party. We recommend that you review such third party’s privacy documentation to determine whether disclosure is acceptable to you.
- AskaTechie includes integral text, audio and video chat features that allow you to communicate with other users, such as techies. By using these features, you disclose the text you type, your image through video or audio of your voice to third parties. Except as AskaTechie permits, you are not permitted to use the chat features to disclose Personal Information as this information could be collected or used by other users. We are not responsible for any Personal Information you choose to disclose to other users.
- AskaTechie may disclose your Personal and Anonymous Information to our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and contractors for internal purposes, including uses related to the Service, improvements to the Service and extending special offers to you. AskaTechie will at all times disclose only the minimally necessary information to third parties to facilitate provision of the Service.
- AskaTechie may disclose your Personal and Anonymous Information to third parties to process, store, manage or organize Personal and Anonymous Information and to perform services on behalf of AskaTechie during which Personal and Anonymous Information is disclosed.
- We disclose your Transaction Information to third parties for payment processing and fraud prevention purposes.
- AskaTechie may disclose your Personal and Anonymous Information to respond to inquiries from law enforcement or to defend our rights or the rights of others.
We never sell your information to third parties or provide your information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
5. California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track, or DNT, is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of you. When you turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. We do not collect Personal Information about your browsing activities over time or across third-party websites or online services. Since we do not collect your Personal information across the web, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track and similar signals originating from your web browser.
6. Information Storage and Retention
While AskaTechie is a Canadian company, the data you provide through the Service is stored and processed by third parties in countries around the world. You authorize AskaTechie and third parties acting on AskaTechie’s behalf to use and process your data in any country of their choosing, which may cause your data, including Personal and Anonymous Information, to be subject to privacy protections and legal rights that may not be equivalent to those in your country.
Your Personal Information is retained until you request its deletion pursuant to section 13 or until AskaTechie no longer requires such information for the purpose for which it was collected.
7. Change of Ownership or Business Transition
8. Third Party Software and Services
The Service is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who you believe provided AskaTechie with Personal Information without your consent, please contact AskaTechie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The Service may use industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption to transfer information.
12. Email Preferences
We communicate with our users primarily by email. If you would like to change the email preferences we associate with you (for example, unsubscribing from receiving certain types of email) you may do so by clicking a link within emails that we send to you or by emailing email@example.com to Unsubscribe.
13. Your Rights
You may contact AskaTechie to obtain a copy of any Personal Information we have collected about you, the production of which may be subject to a fee as permitted by applicable law. In addition, you may contact AskaTechie to correct or delete such information, except to the extent that retention is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, required by applicable law, in the control of a third party or where correction or deletion is not technically feasible.
14. Contact Us
AskaTechie Technology Services Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
850-1095 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6